Cutting my hair for charity

I have been growing my hair out for some time now, about 2 years to be precise. I have gone through many things, such as being called a girl. 43 people have called me a girl just from the beginning of this school year, and if I count all the rest that think and called me a girl, I might have over 100! I also had to brush my hair for so long once I took a bath. The process of starting at the bottom and working your way to the top is grueling, especially after you have had a long day and all you want to do is sleep. The irritating part is that the hair threatens to get in your food when it gets long enough, and you have to tie it up or constantly be aware of the hair’s position on your back.



On Friday the 13th, me, my parents, and my brother, were going to Moodz, a spa, salon, and boutique. We had the goal of cutting off my hair to donate to a charity called Children with Hair Loss. We arrived at the location and went through the back door. When we walked up to the counter, our Dad said that his son was getting a haircut. Meanwhile, the lady didn’t say anything, but she looked at my brother, Alex, not me. Then we went on a set of chairs to wait. Soon, a hairstylist named Jennifer came and said hi. I was led to a chair and told to sit down.



Then she tied my hair into 5 ponytails. She was going to cut my hair one ponytail at a time. Snip! Snap! 5 ponytails cut and ready to donate. Then we went over to the bathroom, where I put my head in a slot. There she began wetting my hair, washing my hair with shampoo, and drying my hair. Then we walked over to the chair and we sat down again. She pulled out a pair of scissors and a comb, and we began the tedious process of cutting my hair to perfection. I had to bend my head down many times so that the hair that remained in the back could be cut. When I was finished, my hair had been cut short, but not too short.



I am proud of myself. I endured so much for a charitable cause that helps people with special conditions. I hope one day I will be able to do it yet again. The new hairstyle I have is cool. Some things, like not having hair all around my neck, are strange and new, but I will get used to it soon enough. I hope that one kid who can’t have hair, gets a wig made from my hair and thinks, “Thank you, whoever donated so that I could have some hair.” I want more people to grow their hair to help others who can’t have hair. Why? Because it’s a nice thing to do.




Comments