Taiyaki NYC Ice Cream Review

Taiyaki NYC

Ice Cream Review




I went to Boston over the weekend because we wanted to go to Taiyaki NYC, an ice cream and pancake shop in Boston. The shop gained fame for its ice cream that was served in a cone shaped like a fish opening its mouth, because taiyaki means fried fish! You can have it in many different signature styles, or you can make your own. Their signature styles are The Classic, The Choco-Lit, Matcha Better, Straight out of Japan, Berry Lovely, and Unicorn Taiyaki.

Once we finished the 40 minute drive to Boston, we parked near the shop in a big parking lot. It took a short walk around the bustling streets of Boston, lined with small shops, to get to the shop we needed. As we walked, the wind growled at us, sending big gusts of wind that blew my hair up and around. When we got there, we had to wait in an extremely long line, piling out of the store. We began to stand for what seemed like an eternity, but was 20 minutes. At that same time, we were close enough to see the menu, and so we could decide our ice cream flavors. The style that I chose and stood out the most, though, was the unicorn taiyaki. It came with the fish cone, you could choose any flavor you want, of which I chose chocolate, and it came with rainbow sprinkles, 2 unicorn ears, custard filling, and a gold horn on top.

Then we watched as they made our ice cream. Mine was first, and they made it and handed the ice cream to me. The ice cream was peaking a good 3 inches out of the cone. I tasted the ice cream and I thought, “Good!” The chocolate ice cream flavor had this taste that tasted like chocolate, but wasn’t as intense as chocolate flavored ice cream usually is. Once I finished, my belly was pleased with this extraordinary desert. Then we traveled back to get wipes because, as it turns out, me and my brother had ice cream on our faces! As I wiped my face, I looked back in happiness. This had been a great day in a unique little ice cream shop.



Comments