Leo the Cat

Leo the Cat


On Friday, we drove up to a place in Connecticut called Great Pine Farm, where they breed Tonkinese kittens. Tonkinese kittens are a breed made up of the more popular Siamese and Burmese cat breeds. First we had to open a gate when we arrived. The gate was for keeping all of the breeder's dogs on her property. When we opened it and closed it and continued going up the small winding hill to the farm, we heard the farm dogs barking, announcing our arrival to everybody else.

When we parked and got out of the car, a dog trotted over to me. He looked like he was a gray St. Bernard and was very wet, as it had just rained. I petted him as his tail vigorously wagged and a smile formed on his damp face. Then I saw the breeder approach us; she invited us inside to see the cats.

We arrived in the house, where 2 small dogs, and what appeared to be yet another St. Bernard awaited us. The 2 small dogs were both very excited and one of the small ones was jumping on my legs. Meanwhile the big dog lumbered toward me, her tail wagging. Eventually we set down my brother on the couch (he has a broken leg), and the breeder passed out toys that the cats like. Then, when I was behind a chair, a cat came to me!

The cat had fur the color of a cappuccino and eyes that are green and aqua. I shook the toy I had, a rubber stick with feathers at the end, and ran. He chased after the toy with merciless speed. Then another cat joined and later so did two more, so that I was playing with all the cats. I was the most active, so naturally they all wanted to play with me. I wanted the cappuccino one to be my forever pet.




When it came time to put away the toys and talk about which cat, everyone agreed on the cappuccino colored cat. This meant we could take him back home with us. The breeder talked to us about how to play and about his health and we got back in the car with him. We decided to name him Leo, and we drove off into whatever challenges lay ahead.



When we arrived home, we set him out into my parent’s bedroom, instead of hiding for the rest of the day he came out 20 minutes after and cuddled with everyone when they came inside. He is very curious and after he got used to the environment in my parent’s room, he began to try to escape if we opened the door. Once I opened the door and he almost successfully escaped the room! He is a little beam of sunshine, and he is the result of all of the searching for cats that we have done. We went to the breeder just to see the cats, yet we fell in love with Leo. I guess we own a sweet, energetic, and lovable cat now!


Comments