"Sarlacc's Cave"


I was looking through the news on the Independent news website. Then I saw an article about the new cave discovered in Canada. I decided to read it because I thought it sounded interesting. The article was interesting and reminded me that the world is truly huge and some parts are undiscovered or hidden. I decided to write about the cave and share what I learned with you. I found out some very cool things and I hope you will too!

In Canada, a vast cave was discovered. As officials flew around in a helicopter to do a caribou count, they discovered the cave. It is located in a park in British Columbia, western Canada. The cave has not yet been named, but is being called Sarlacc’s pit, after the fictional Star Wars monster that lives in a cave. The opening is huge, as it is 100 meters long and 60 meters wide, enough to hold an entire soccer field.

It was discovered in April and people tried to go down into the cave in September. Unfortunately, they had to turn around when an underground river stopped them 80 meters down. The water on top may flow for 2 kilometers and drop some 500 meters later. This would make it among the biggest caves in Canada. Even if someone knew where to find it, it is almost inaccessible as it is in mountainous terrain near some glaciers and has a risk of avalanche in the winter. Even when we think we have found everything in this world, we can be surprised.

Comments