Alita: Battle Angel Movie Review



On Sunday I went to the movies to watch the new movie called Alita: Battle Angel. Not only that, I also was going to watch it in 3D! First the movie was at 10:00 a.m, so we arrived at around 9:40 a.m. Then we got our online tickets and our 3D glasses we needed for the movie. Next we went to get some popcorn to eat. They only had the buttered and salted kind, which was ok with me since I love buttered and salted popcorn!

We took our seats, which were close to the middle and had a good view of the giant screen. The seats could be moved by a control panel on the armrest, which I loved. I sat down and immediately dug into the bowl of popcorn. I watched through all the previews of other movies. Some, like a movie called Shazam, looked interesting. Others I had to close my eyes because they were creepy.

Then we put on our 3D glasses and began to watch the movie. The movie was set in the 26th century and was about a cyborg called Alita, who was found in a junkyard by a doctor. The doctor pieced her together again and she tries to figure out who she was, since she has lost her memory. There is a city on the ground called Iron City, and there is a city in the sky called Zollum. Since she came from the scrapyard, and the stuff in the scrapyard came from Zollum, the doctor says she’s from up there.

There is also a sport called Motorball which she is introduced to by her friend, a human named Hugo. It is when players get the ball and try to get to the goal. Simple, right? Nope, because they can also fight and use weapons to attack the other player with the ball. The track is also very huge, and hazards come up that threaten the players lives. Alita ends up trying hard when she played on the street with other teens. She eventually becomes very good and wins the match. After that, she ends up playing the real sport, as she is interested and passionate about it.

I think this movie was very interesting and full of action. I would love if there was a sequel to this movie, and I think there will be since the ending was a cliffhanger. The movie had it’s mix of good guys and bad guys, with each character thinking differently. I love this movie, and would gladly watch it again. If you like action-packed movies with great new settings, this is the movie for you.



Comments