Horseback Riding Beach Adventure


During the 23rd of December I went on a cruise and had many different experiences during my whole trip. This is about me going horseback riding on St. Lucia, a Caribbean island, on Christmas Eve. The day started off with me waking up at 6:45 to go to breakfast and dress up. We went to breakfast to my favorite on cruise restaurant, Garden Cafe, a buffet. After breakfast we got our tickets ready along with our ship cards and left. Only me and Mom were going horseback riding as Alex, my brother, and Dad went on an Aerial Tram.

We went out of the ship after Mom and I showed our ship cards and had them scanned. Then we proceeded behind a lady carrying a sign saying horseback riding beach adventure; I found out that we would get to lead our horses to the beach! After a while we followed her to 2 vans, one of which we got in to and started driving. The road was pretty bumpy for a long time. Then one of the vans stopped and we pulled over. We weren't at our destination, but the other van got a flat tire and they had to pump it as we stood outside the vans at about 10 a.m.

Then when we finally got the tire pumped the vans got to the horseback riding place. We had to sign a paper stating we can’t sue them for any injuries or hold them responsible. Then we were given things to put on our head which made us look like lunch ladies. Then with those things on (my Dad says they’re called hair nets), we put on our helmets. Next we walked up to where the horse stables were. We were instructed to go into lines for beginners and normal riders. I was a beginner, having only rode once while someone was holding the saddle.

Then we were lead one by one onto our horses. Mine was called Pal. I went to the side of the fence and waited. Then my horse decided to lay down and I slid off his back in a superman position. I fell to the ground, crying. I had a guide leading the horse for the rest of the time I was riding.

Then we began to move. Most of the road we traveled involved steep hills. My guide kept talking to me and I talked back. We continued to move until we went on the beach, continued for a minute, and stopped. Then we got off the horses and took a break. After me and mom got some water, I looked in the gift shop and got presents for my brother and cousins. Then I got ready to ride in the water.

I went with my guide on the horse and we walked in the water. I was happy and having fun. Then he made the horse speed up and go really fast. After I disembarked, I went over near my Mom and sat down, as Mom wanted to ride as well. After Mom went, we got ready to get back on our horses, and I stayed with the instructor once more on the way back into the mountains.

Then we got in the van to go back to the ship. We did so after taking off our helmets and hair nets. Then when I was inside the van I thought about what an adventure I had. Many good things and bad things happened and made my trip interesting. I had plenty to tell Alex and Dad when I came back on the ship.




Comments