My First Concert - A Legendary Christmas

My First Concert
A Legendary Christmas



    I went to my first ever concert yesterday and want to tell you how it went. First we got everything ready and changed our clothes. Then we began driving at about 6 o’clock. The GPS said we would be early by more than an hour, so we parked about a 5 minute walk away from the theatre we were going to, Wang Theatre in Boston, to see John Legend perform songs from his christmas album, A Legendary Christmas.

    We saw a Starbucks and got something because we were early. I got a Berry Triple yogurt and a slice of lemon bread. I ate but dad didn’t get time to drink his tea because the Starbucks employees said they were closing! We had to throw trash away and quickly get out. Dad drank his tea while we walked toward the theater, except it turned out we were walking the wrong way and we had to turn around.

    We finally made it to Wang Theater after minutes of walking. But when we went to the metal detector, the man said dad had to throw away his tea! I think that was unfair that we spent money on that tea and now he can’t drink it. Then we proceeded on and showed another lady our tickets. After that there was a room were there was a little setup just like his A Legendary Christmas album photo-shoot where we could take pictures. Me and my brother each got one taken.




    Then we got ready to go to the concert. But first we went to the bathroom, just in case. Then we entered our seats and waited for 30 minutes so we could watch John Legend perform. The late stragglers came in through and we had to wait another 15 minutes or so. I saw that we were probably the only kids our age here. This made me feel special and one-of-a-kind. Then a video came on with John Legend and when it finished and the screen lifted up, John Legend was on the stage! He started performing his songs and I noticed there was this guy who kept screaming “I love you John,” over and over again. Then the screen came down and I didn’t know what was happening, until it came back up and John’s piano was on the stage.


    John is really good at a piano so the sound was pretty nice. He had a big band consisting of brass, woodwind, and drums, along with 3 lady backup singers. Then everyone began standing and I had to stand on my chair to see. I had to also lean on my mom to keep standing. Then next time the guy screamed his usual I screamed “You’re awesome,” to John. After many songs, A screen came up and said “The End,” I started to sit down, but the sign changed to “The End?” Then the screen lifted up and John came out on the stage to sing one last song. During the song, snow started falling on the stage!


    After the curtains shut, we went with the crowd of people going out. We had to walk longer, but the closest garage to the theatre was crowded. We drove home and got ready to go to sleep. It was very late and we were tired. I want to go to a concert again, and I went to sleep knowing that I had a great first concert.

Comments