Amulet #3: The Cloud Searches

Amulet #3: The Cloud Searches
By: Kazu Kibuishi




One day I was in school and picked out the first book in the Amulet series. I liked that book and bought the series so that I could read all the books at home, including Amulet #3: The Cloud Searches. My favorite part was when Trellis and Emily fight Gabilan, the assassin, because he can absorb their magic, making the battle much harder. Gabilan uses his power to his advantage, almost knocking Trellis off the sky island they are on. Then Emily uses her magic, not to attack Gabilan, but to throw boulders at him, so that he gets weakened and he is thrown off the island. His ride, a giant bird, caught him which makes me wonder if we will see Gabilan in another book?


I recommend this book because it has a lot of action and adventure. One example is when Emily and her friends are driving away from an elf machine which shoots at them to get to a dock and go on an airship. This will allow them to find Ceilis, a floating city, and escape from the elf artillery that is shooting at them. This book also has very well-developed characters. Emily’s love for her family is shown when Gabilan is holding her mom captive and she wants to save her. Leon is dedicated to bring Emily to Ceilis and will make nothing stop them from their mission. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the great story.

Comments