Woolly Book Review

Woolly
By Ben Mezrich

On Christmas I ran to the Christmas tree and gathered up all of my presents. When I opened my last present, I saw that it looked and was shaped like a book. I eagerly opened it and saw Woolly, the book’s front cover, staring at me. Woolly is a great non-fiction book to read. The characters are Dr. Church, Ting, Luhan, Bobby, Quinn, and Margo.

Woolly is a book about the scientists, Dr. Church, Ting, Luhan, Bobby, Quinn, and Margo trying to use a sample of preserved Woolly Mammoth DNA to make an elephant offspring have woolly mammoth features and recreating the long extinct species. It’s fun to know that the character’s research happens in the New Research Building at Harvard Medical School and in the lab in Cambridge, Mass because it’s my home state.

The scientists don’t get it right away. First they find out that they need something else to make a mammoth. Then the Asian Elephant they have is now found out to most likely be sick from a disease called herpes. Their Asian Elephant, Mike, will die in one year. It’s a true story of a quest to revive the Woolly Mammoth. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.



Comments