Case File 13: Zombie Kid Book Review

Case File 13: Zombie Kid

One day at the library I was looking for books I could read. As I scanned the shelf for a good book, I noticed a scary-looking book cover on the shelf. I picked it up and read it at home after we came back from the library. One thing I liked about Case file 13: Zombie Kid was that it’s cover has a good description of the book. Another thing I liked about the book is that the characters know a lot about the monsters while in most books at the beginning the character knows nothing.

In the book, a boy named Nick and his two friends, Carter and Angelo, hang out together on October 28 to discuss Halloween. The Three Monstertiers, as they’re called, find out Nick has to go to his great aunt’s funeral. He begs to stay for Halloween, but they say no. When he comes back, he shows his friends an amulet he found in a crypt, claiming it’s a gris-gris, an amulet that protects from bad magic. His friend Angelo says it’s actually an amulet used by bokors to turn people into zombies. Can they save Nick before he becomes a zombie? Pick up the book to find out!

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Comments